my brand new baby

10.21.2010

missing pattern piece in book--correction !

As I say in the book, mistakes can happen.

Fortunately, I met a nice lady named Alice Gruber who pointed out a missing pattern piece in my book. I have the pattern here, so I am not sure why it was not printed--here I'll  post the correction.

I also got a chance to talk with her a little about making things and her inspiring Auntie, also an artist, who used to make her all kinds of dolls and toys.

So, with apologies, here is the "beany bear" correction for the back of head missing pattern piece- (page #84) and instruction for how to attach it. (applies also to squirrel, floppy bunny variations )

**Random House will also be posting on their site asap.

SO:

(beany bear, page #44,45).

Step 4 should read:

“.....from nose to neck as shown. Sew the back of head piece (K) to the top of head top (D). Begin sewing at the (top) center, and continue down each side of the head, leaving a neck opening. Trim the seam allowance....”

*Alternate solution: Use the back of the head pattern on the lazy kitty (pg. 80 back of head A),  and enlarge it 220%-It's basically the same shape. The instructions for the lazy kitty show an illustration of how to attach the back of head to the head top (page #36, step 3).

This pattern when printed should measure 5" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment